Florida Drivers License Change of Address
Have you recently moved to a new residence in Florida? The state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires you to process an address change on your Florida drivers license within 10 days of your move. Fortunately, all you need to do for a Florida drivers license change of address is to notify your local DMV. Select from the options below to get started.
Application assistance services can simplify the process for many DMV related services for a fee, including: renewing your license, applying for a license, registering a vehicle, replacing your license, changing your address and more. In addition to assistance in preparing official forms, the value added services and products you will receive include a comprehensive Easy Guide™ containing information relevant to your service needs; 30 days of both emergency Roadside Assistance and the Repair Assist consultation service from Road America. Other benefits include an ongoing monthly newsletter and a quarterly magazine covering important updates that affect drivers, important safety tips, trends, legislative updates and ways to save money on vehicle-related services.
2: By mail
Some drivers prefer to handle the renewal process by mail, rather than taking advantage of assistance services, visiting the DMV in person, or via available online services. Service by mail is available with limitations. Read below for additional details or visit your local DMV.
3: Via a DMV office
If your specific needs require an in-person visit, most, if not all, driver license services can be handled at your local DMV office. Varying DMV offices sometimes supply different types of services so you will need to check before your visit to make sure the DMV closest to you provides the service you require. In addition, you can call to see if your DMV allows you to make a personal appointment.
When processing a Florida drivers license change of address, you will be asked to present one primary form of identification, one proof of social security and two proofs of your new residential address.
The following documents will be accepted by the Florida DMV to implement an address change on your Florida drivers license:
- Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia
- Valid United States Passport or Passport Card
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570
- Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561
Proof of Social Security Number
- Social Security card (must be an original in your current full name)
- W-2 form (not handwritten)
- Pay check/stub
- Any 1099 (not handwritten)
Proof of Residential Address
Gather TWO different documents from the following list showing your residential address: (Internet printouts or faxes of these documents are acceptable)
- Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental/lease agreement
- Florida Voter Registration Card
- Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
- Florida Boat Registration or Title (if living on a boat/houseboat)
- Two proofs of residential address from applicant's parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, along with (see next)
- A statement from a parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the applicant resides, combined with two proofs of their residential address (see above)
- A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days of the application
- Automobile Payment Booklet
- Selective Service Card
- Medical or health card with address listed
- Current homeowner’s insurance policy or bill
- Current automobile insurance policy or bill
- Educational institution transcript forms for the current school year
- Unexpired professional license issued by a government agency in the U.S.
- W-2 form or 1099 form
- Form DS2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) status
- A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or a half-way house verifying that they receive mail for the customer. The letter must be accompanied by the Certification of Address Form (see next)
- Certification of Address Form combined with a letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or a half-way house (see above)
- Utility bills, not more than two months old
- Mail from financial institutions; including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than two months old
- Mail from Federal, State, County or City government agencies (including city and county agencies)
- Transients – Sexual Offender/Predator/Career Offender: - FDLE Registration form
Note: Your current driver license or ID card (for renewal only) may not be used as proof of residential address.
Should you choose to submit your address change on your Florida drivers license by mail download the change of address form here.
Changing Your Address When Moving From Another State
If you have recently moved from another state, you might want to consider acquiring a new license in order to reflect your new address. For more information on changing your address on your new drivers license, click here.
- Change your address on your Florida CDL license here.
- Change your address on your Florida Car Title here.
- Change your address on your Florida Car Registration here.